- Salary: £22,000-£25,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Contract type: Fixed term until 31st May 2022, with the option to renew for a further five-year fixed term contract subject to a successful renewal ballot
- Annual holiday: 25 days plus statutory bank holidays
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week with some weekend and evening working
- Location: Newbury Town Centre, Berkshire
- Start date: ASAP
- Closing date: 17th July 2020
A fantastic opportunity for an exceptional communicator with energy, initiative, drive and creativity to join a small, hardworking team within our not-for-profit organisation.
You’ll provide high quality administrative, finance, marketing and events support to the Newbury BID team, playing a vital role in helping the organisation achieve its vision of positioning Newbury as a go-to destination for businesses and visitors from all around the world.
As the first line of contact for BID members, visitors and customers, you’ll be positive, friendly and solution-focused, and you’ll make life easy for your colleagues with your ability to quickly and accurately understand instructions, directions and priorities.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
General Admin Support
- Correspondence – responding to emails, dealing with incoming and outgoing post, answering phone calls, interacting with BID directors.
- Meetings – scheduling meetings and forums, booking rooms, arranging refreshments, greeting and looking after guests, creating agendas and taking meeting notes, administering Board meetings and other key meetings.
- Office support – drafting, formatting and printing relevant documents, photocopying, filing, ordering and managing office supplies.
- Finance support – dealing with purchase orders, invoices and bank reconciliations on Xero, chasing outstanding debts, dealing with queries, managing expense claims, producing finance reports, managing levy payments, managing BusinessWatch payments.
- HR support – maintaining records for employee holiday requests, organising travel itineraries for colleagues.
- Team & project support – providing admin support for the CEO, Operations Manager, Town Ranger BusinessWatch and Grimebusting schemes, plus other short- and long-term projects.
- Membership admin – managing and maintaining BID databases, supporting the production of corporate reports and publications.
- Other – attending workshops and conferences when requested.
Marketing, Promotion & Events
- Website – creating visually appealing, well written content (including video content) and uploading onto the Visit Newbury website, producing reports on website activity.
- Social media – creating and scheduling content to engage and inform audiences across the Visit Newbury social media channels, responding to comments and messages on social media channels, carrying out social listening and responding to trending topics, posting content to and administering private Facebook groups to communicate with BID members.
- Email marketing – creating digital newsletters and email communications, producing reports on email engagement.
- Events – supporting the Operations Manager with the delivery of BID events, maintaining events calendar, managing commercial bookings & activities, liaising with event organisers and hirers.
- General marketing support – proof reading, managing photography & film library, coordinating the production and print of marketing materials for target audiences, developing stories to promote via press, website and our social media channels, maintaining communications planner with scheduled marketing and PR activities.
As the ideal candidate, you’ll have the ability to…
- Communicate exceptionally well both verbally and in writing, tailoring communication style and content to the audience being addressed.
- Be proactive and respond professionally and efficiently to meet the demands of the business and its members.
- Build strong, open and respectful relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, and partners.
- Deliver a high level of solution-focused customer service.
- Quickly and accurately understand instructions and directions.
- Work confidently and independently, managing and prioritising workload and coping with competing demands.
- Deliver a high level of attention to detail and a commitment to getting things right.
- Work in a highly organised manner whilst remaining flexible and agile.
- Quickly get to grips with using software and tools to work efficiently and effectively, including Word, Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, WordPress, Google Analytics, Canva, Xero, and GetBusy.
- Understand the importance of correctly handling and storing confidential information.
- Demonstrate energy, initiative, drive, and creativity.
- Work weekends and evenings where required to support with BID events and activities.
To apply, please download our application form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 15th July 2020. For an informal chat or to ask any questions about the role, please email the same address, or call 01635 760505 and ask for Melissa or Alison.
Closing date is 17th July 2020. Please note that applications may close prior to this date if a suitable applicant has been found.