WHERE TO GO FOR SUPPORT
- West Berkshire Council have partnered with Volunteer Centre West Berkshire and Greenham Trust to launch a Community Support Hub: info.westberks.gov.uk/coronavirus-communityhub
- If you are a local business, please do reach out to West Berkshire Council ASAP for support: info.westberks.gov.uk/coronavirus-business / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to this, Berkshire Growth Hub will be the lead on business enquiries: berkshirebusinesshub.co.uk / tel: 01344 388 005 / email: email@example.com
LATEST OFFICIAL GUIDELINES
Latest government guidance for businesses can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19
LOCAL BUSINESSES OFFERING DELIVERY / TAKEAWAY SERVICES
First and foremost, please follow the latest government advice regarding staying at home. Many businesses are providing delivery and/or takeaway services, to help with self-isolation, as well as taking additional measures like going cashless, increasing hygiene and/or limiting social contact, to ensure the safety and wellness of their staff and customers.
- The Ugly Duckling Pottery – through their online shop
- 137 Gin at The Newbury – through their online shop
- Colline’s Kitchen, usually based at Living Saucha in Newbury Town Hall – fridge and freezer meals for delivery, order through her website
- Mr Moo Juice – delivery via Deliveroo and Uber Eats
- Caprinos Pizza – order through their website for no-contact delivery
- Arigato is offering a delivery service, from Wednesday to Sunday 4pm – 9pm
- Natures Corner are open at the following reduced hours Mon – Sat from 9am – 3pm, and offering a home delivery service.
- LK Hair & Beauty are selling shampoos, conditioner and Dermalogica products. Message them on Facebook or Instagram, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for free deliveries.
- Spriggs Chiropractic are closed for face to face consultations, but able to run both:
- Chiropractic online support consultations for those with musculoskeletal issues with support from their chiropractor Dr Mark Spriggs, more info on their website here.
- Personalised online nutrition consultations to support peoples health & wellbeing, more information about the services on their dedicated nutrition website here.
- The Newbury Pub and Ginstaburge are raising funds to produce hand santitizer for front line staff, you can donate here: https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8nGRia9enY
- The Curry House are raising funds through Just Giving to provide free meals to NHS staff: click here for details
BUSINESSES OFFERING VOUCHERS / GIFT CARDS
As a way of supporting local businesses through a challenging time, you can buy vouchers or gift cards from them, to use at a later date. Those offering this service include:
- Orchid Thai at SUAY
- Classic Markings – email email@example.com to order or message them through their Facebook page
- LK Hair & Beauty – message them on Facebook or Instagram, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for free deliveries.
- Spriggs Chiropractic
Please feel free to tag us or message directly with offers/ideas/schemes that support each other and our community and we will add to this list.
For latest updates please follow us on Instagram, where we will be sharing posts from local businesses as they come in: @VisitNewbury. We’ve saved a ‘coronavirus’ featured story section to our Instagram profile for easy access.